Welcome to the third installment of my new series for 2017, where I share five good things from the week to end it on a good note.
This week was uneventful in a good way. I’m looking forward to working from my couch today and having friends over tonight for a low key night in. It’s been a good week, but I am definitely still ready for the weekend!
1. My favorite parts of our days lately have been our evening routine. Buel eats dinner while we settle in and then one of us puts him to bed while the other cooks dinner. We inevitably end up having a dance party during dinner or before bed and we crack up. It’s been fun to find new playlists and this one by Emily Ley is a winner. I also love watching her family dance parties on Instagram and everything she posts- it’s inspiring!
2. We are going strong with Whole 30! Thank goodness I excel at planning and prep because it’s saved us the past two weeks and made it somewhat easy. I’m writing up a post for next week on how we’re feeling, but for now I will say things are going really well and we’re seeing and feeling major changes. Our favorite meal this week was Skinnytaste’s recipe for Crock Pot Picadillo- so good, easy and filling! We served it over cauliflower rice and were huge fans.
3. Let me introduce you to my obsession of the week- the Making Oprah podcast on WBEZ! I am seriously hooked on it. With my career background in selling television advertising for years and my obsession with personal development I find it so fascinating with how Oprah got her start and what she thinks of her career now looking back.
4. When it comes to personal development, I’ve learned over the past few years that you can never really get rid of your flaws. One of my key flaws is that I run late all the time, particularly in the morning for work. I’m lucky that my office is flexible and I always make up the time, but I have felt serious guilt about it in the past. These days I realize how much I need my morning routine and try not to rush through my time with Buel and my morning workout. However, this week I was early twice (only 15 minutes, let’s not get crazy) and it did make the start to the day even better. I’m not sure if I’ll focus on making this a habit, but it was refreshing.
5. Last but not least, I stumbled up the “Weeknight Dinners” series by Lois Bielefeld this week and I find it absolutely fascinating. The series is just as it sounds- photographs of families eating dinner. There’s something so compelling about them and I could not stop studying all of the little details, even though it felt somewhat creepy. Maybe that’s the appeal?
What is ONE good thing from your week?