This January recap kicks off a new monthly update format I’m hoping to post each month in 2018. I’m hoping for these monthly recaps to be a combination of a personal update, blog post round-up and goal accountability that I will enjoy looking back on at the end of the year!
January for us was ordinary- in a good way. After the busyness of the holidays, we focused on finding balance and maintaining our routines as a family. I ended the month feeling pretty good about things!
- Rich and I completed our second Whole30! And honestly, I’m ready to get back to my usual balance. (I’m not sure if I’ll write a post on our experience. We did try a lot of new recipes that I compiled in an Instastory highlight!)
- Two play dates and two toddler Birthday parties made for lots of weekend fun!
- We went into the city and visited the Lincoln Park Zoo with my BFF Jen and her husband Matt.
- I saw I,Tonya with co-workers and it got me super excited to watch the Winter Olympics!
- I read two books: What She Knew by Sarah Pinborough and Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.
- Overall it was an ordinary month, which isn’t a bad thing, we’re in a good groove!
On the blog:
- A Very Full 2017
- My “Word”: Setting Intentions for 2018
- 52 Self Care Habits to Start This Year
- My Full Life: Digital Marketing Manager, Blogger and Mom of Two Under Three
- What I Read in 2017 and What I Want to Read in 2018
- Twenty Five Toddler Activities for the Stir-Crazy Winter Months
- My Full Life: Marathon Runner, Mom of Two and Director of Advertising Sales at Scary Mommy
- Day in the Life: January 2018
- Three Ways We’ve Improved Our Marriage Since Becoming Parents
- My Full Life: Wife, Blogger, Mom of Two and Director of the Student-Athlete Support
And posts I wrote for Chicago Parent:
- Complete another Whole30 with Rich- accomplished!
- Workout at least 3x per week- at least 2 hours of cardio and 2-3 strength/yoga classes- completed the 3x per week, but not as much cardio as I had hoped.
- Start a daily devotional (I bought this one)- yes, I read it daily and am enjoying it!
Things I’m Looking Forward to in February:
- Finding balance post Whole30 (perhaps I’ll share my thoughts?)
- Our February Date Night out! (we’re going to Bellemore)
- Crafting toddler Valentine’s for B’s class
- Family Date Night out- we’re aiming for one night out per month!
- Lots of other fun on the calendar- another toddler Birthday party, Book Club and a Baby Shower.
- Continuing the motivation of the New Year- I’m feeling organized and balanced!
- Have two “Date Nights” with Rich- one in and one out. We’re going to take turns planning.
- Do more cardio
- Use my phone less on the weekend