If you’re anything like me, the fresh start of the New Year has you feeling invincible! While I’m all for setting goals, we all know that a lot of resolutions fall off our radar by the end of January. So instead, why not focus on making small changes this year?
Here are 52 self-care habits to start this year. I’ve purposely chosen 52 since these habits are small enough to start one each week in 2018. And, I can attest that these are all doable since they are all habits I’ve formed over the last few years. (a few of them are aspirational for 2018.)
52 Self-Care Habits to Start This Year
2. Switch to non-toxic deodorant (I love and use Primally Pure)
5. Add Collagen to your morning coffee (I use this one)
6. Make a list of your favorite healthy snacks to have on hand to prevent boredom
12. Set realistic goals for your workout routine- unhealthy pressure is almost worse than getting to the gym!
Around the House
17. Run a load of laundry a few times per week versus letting it pile up- I run mine about three times per week at night and put it away the next day
18. Run a dish load a few times per week instead of letting it fill up (mentally it’s so much easier for me to put away less and it’s something I can do during downtime like waiting for my food to heat up in the microwave, etc.)
19. Start small weekend traditions to give your weekend some structure (I love our Sunday tradition)
26. Block time off on your calendar to make sure your urgent to-do items get done and forget the rest (for now- schedule it for later!)
35. Quit nagging your significant other and ask what you can do to help them instead
37. Reach out to your closest friends to catch up a few times per month
39. Learn to say no to social obligations that you aren’t too thrilled about
43. Put your phone down before bed and pick up a book instead. Or, start your day the same way!
49. Download RealizD and commit to cutting back time on your phone
52. Let go of perfectionism. Just do it.