For the past few years, I’ve chosen a word to focus on in the upcoming year. As I worked towards intention setting for 2018, I first reflected on how last year went.
In 2017 my word was contentment. That manifested into learning to slow down. It helped me focus on finding routines that work for our family that helped me find balance. I was pleasantly surprised with how great the year turned out. The way I spent my time was in line with my priorities and I feel pretty good about that!
Setting Intentions for 2018
In 2018, my main focus is to be fully engaged in every aspect of my life. It feels good to be living life in line with my priorities and I would like to continue to grow in that direction. To help me stay focused on this goal, my word for 2018 is engaged.
“Engaged means fully occupied or having your full attention. An engaged reader really focuses on the words and maybe even jots down questions or comments in the pages’ margins.”
My Goals for 2018
- Focus on my overall health- including healthy eating, exercise and both physical and mental rest.
- Be present in my day to day- especially when it comes to engaging with the relationships that are important to me and putting my phone down during my precious time with my family.
- Continue our family adventures. Whether that means through traveling, checking off items on a seasonal bucket list, or grabbing breakfast at a new spot on Sunday after Church.
- Fill my cup by doing things that fulfill me- writing, reading, listening to podcasts and trying new things. This also means focusing on my faith individually this year in addition to attending church as a family.
- Encourage my closest friendships by focusing on positive relationships. Less gossiping. Less judging. More being proud of my friends and encouraging them.
And, because I am feeling motivated, I set some specific goals for January:
- Complete another Whole30 with Rich
- Workout at least 3x per week- at least 2 hours of cardio and 2-3 strength/yoga classes
- Start a daily devotional (I bought this one)