Summer officially kicks off tomorrow, but we’ve been enjoying warm temperatures for weeks. We’ve spent our weekends in our garden, taking family walks, trying all of the local parks, eating all the ice cream and grilling as many meals as possible. Living in Illinois, the season always feels fleeting, so I put together a bucket list to help us make the most of it.
- Family Road Trip to Louisville: We are taking the trip to visit my Aunts soon and I can’t wait to see them and to check out the city since it’s been awhile.
- My First Trip to Washington DC: In July I have work conference in DC and I’m looking forward to visiting our nation’s capital since I’ve never been. I’m especially excited because I get to see one of my childhood best friends while I’m there!
- Fifth Anniversary Trip to New Orleans: We always travel for our Anniversary and this year we’re exploring New Orleans with a toddler. We’re staying in the Garden District and can’t wait to explore as a family.
- Continue Our Sunday Tradition: We’ve fallen into a good groove with our Sunday mornings and I look forward to the time every week. We hit the early mass at church, grab breakfast, take Buel to the park or library and then head home for nap time. It sets us up for the week and I love it.
- Farmer’s Market & Story Time Date: My work life has been especially busy lately and outside of the office I try to spend as much quality time with Buel as I can. I took a day off in July after an upcoming deadline to spend with him and it’s the extra push I need to work hard to reach it!
- Organize Our Baby Stuff: Over the weekend I finally got motivated to start on Buel’s baby book and I think it’ll be a good project during nap time over the next few months. I also want to organize his old clothes, which are seriously overflowing in his closet.
- Date Night for Rich’s Birthday: When we get a chance to go out on our own we tend to go big and I’m in the midst of planning something special for Rich. I’ll be sure to share what I come up with!
- Take a day completely for myself: I took a day off and coordinated with another childhood best friend to enjoy what we’ve coined “Lady Day” in July. We’re still working on the agenda, but we would like to recreate the feeling we had of being middle schoolers at our local mall. Not a care in the world!
- Take a minute to celebrate my success: I’m finishing up a year-long leadership program at work and present my project to a room of executives in a few weeks. It’s a huge accomplishment and I want to take a step back to remember that.
- Rebrand Live Half Full: I’ve slowly started the process towards rebranding this blog and plan to make some changes come Fall. I’m hoping to fill the gap for corporate working mom bloggers to offer up positive content for moms like me. Stay tuned on that!
- Clean Up My Beauty Routine: I have fallen down the rabbit hole of researching non-toxic beauty products and have already made some changes to my routine. I want to continue to explore and take even better care of myself.
Just for Fun
- Try a few new workout classes
- Make all of the recipes on my “Recipes to Try This Summer” Pinterest board
- Find artwork I love to hang in our Master Bathroom
- Spend a few days at the pool
- Take weekly family walks on the beautiful trail attached to our neighborhood
- End the season with a family date at the local hot dog and root beer stand
The rest of the Summer if you need me I’ll be in my garden. It’s absolutely taken off, so I had to snap some pictures to share!