Phew, what a week! My work days were non-stop and we were running on very little sleep due to my teething toddler. Honestly, every day felt hard but I managed to find time for myself and time for Rich so overall the week ended up being a good one.
I am starting something new for 2017, Five Good Things! This series will be a Friday check-in that will combine my recent “Things I’m Enjoying Lately” posts and my old “Take Time Tuesday Posts” plus allow me to check in with a “life” post every week. In short, this post is where I would like to share five good things from the week to end it on a good note.
1. As much as I love the holiday season, it feels great to be back into our every day routines. As I wrote about on Monday, we put a lot of effort into our routines in 2016 and now that our house remodel is done we’ve been able to fall back into them. Things just feel easier!
Fridays are my work from home days and I typically use them as my day to do laundry and run errands during lunch to leave my weekend open. Last night Rich and I got ahead of laundry and tomorrow we’re grocery shopping as a family, so that’s two less things on my plate today!
2. Last year Rich and I started a three year line-a-day journal together and I’m proud to say that we made it the entire year filling it out! Often we would have to catch up on several days at a time, but overall it was nice to spend a little time together each day. Now that we’re onto year two it’s been fun to look back on our previous answers.
3. I’m back in a reading kick for the new year and have been reading for 15-30 minutes before bed. Currently I’m reading The Look of Love by Sarah Jio and absolutely loving it. It’s a cute story about a Seattle florist who can “see” love. It’s been a fun read and extra enjoyable after my recent trip to Pike Place Market in Seattle.
4. After reading about Midnight Outburst in an article, I Amazon Primed it for our New Year’s Eve party and it was so much fine! Our friends were describing it as a dirty version of Family Feud. We had a blast playing and I can’t wait to play it again.
5. Lastly, Rich and I are starting Whole 30 tomorrow! I’m a little nervous and somewhat apprehensive since I made a lot of progress not dieting in 2016, however I’m excited to be able to support my husband and do the challenge out of solidarity. I am looking forward to cleaning up our diet and eating in better moderation after we finish the program, hopefully seeing my skin clear up, improved allergies and more energy. I know it’s going to hard, but we can do anything for 30 days- right!? (but seriously, if you’ve done it- send tips my way!)
This weekend is going to be a low key one for us. We’re going out to pizza for my brother-in-law’s Birthday tonight as our last hooray. Tomorrow Rich is off work and we have plans for Crossfit and grocery shopping. Sunday we’re hoping to make it to church in the morning and I scheduled a massage for myself in the afternoon. Other than that, I see a lot of lounging and hopefully sleep in our future. It should be a good, relaxing weekend!
Now your turn! Tell me ONE good thing from your week!