Last month I conducted my first reader survey. Doing a reader survey is something I’ve always wanted to do and I’m not quite sure why it took me almost five years of blogging to do so. The results were eye opening and inspiring and I’m so grateful for everyone who took time to share their thoughts!
Now, let’s get to the results. I thought it would be fun to share them in the form of an infographic so I enlisted my go-to designer to put one together for me.
Here are my takeaways:
- The majority (58%) of my readers are not bloggers- this was a surprise to me!
- However, most of my readers found the blog through other blogs.
- The ways people find out about new posts is a tie between having the site bookmarked, my Facebook page and Bloglovin’.
- Most everyone who took the survey visit the site every time I post or 2-3 times per week, totaling 75% of respondents.
- One of the most surprising parts of the survey was that the majority of my readers are somewhat new- 46% have been reading for 1-2 years, 18% less than a year and 25% have been reading for 2+ years.
- 88% of respondents think the amount of posts is just right.
- The topics you enjoy reading about the most are Motherhood (79%), Day-in-the-Life (75%), Marriage (67%) and Career (62%).
- The results for the topics you skipped were mixed- with Blogging and Books being the least liked topics.
- The ideas for future posts were great and there were many common themes:
- Work Day Organizational Tips
- Work/Life Balance Tips for Working Moms
- Travel Packing Tips
- House/Decor Posts
- More on Positivity
- Continue Writing About Goals
- Motherhood in General
- I am completely humbled by the “why you read responses.” The above is just a sampling, but the words were unbelievably inspiring and kind. It was the perfect reminder of why I continue to write and where I should take this blog in the future.
Thank you again for all of the thoughtful responses! Check back next week for my plan for 2017 now that I’ve had time to digest the results.