For all of you who have the day off, happy long weekend to you! I’m working today, but from the comfort of my home. I secretly love working the days before holidays because they are quiet and I can get a ton done. I’m the process of building out my Marketing Plans for work, which entails filling thousands of ad units in everything from our publications, to our website, to events and much more. I work best when I’m at home in my little bubble. Nothing better than getting caught up on work!
And the ability to make a home cooked meal to eat “at my desk.” 🙂
1. A few months ago my friend Liz made these Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream White Sauce for us and I had to have the recipe. I finally got around to make them this week and they were a great weeknight meal. I cooked a few chicken breasts in the Crock Pot while I was at work, quickly shredded them when I got home and everything came together in less than 30 minutes. Plus, the leftovers were great! These will become a regular in our weeknight meal rotation.
2. Yesterday The Jess Lively Show season 2 kicked off! I find so much inspiration from her show and this week’s episode with Hal Elrod was a great one. I actually ordered his book, The Miracle Morning, before I saw he was interviewed in the episode so now I’m even more excited to read it.
3. Did you join yesterday’s Pin It Party? I really enjoyed putting my list of pin-able posts together and visiting other’s posts to add some new pins to my boards. I found lots of great recipes, workouts and more! Check it out!
4. One personal task on my to-do list today is to book our flights for our trips this summer. We’re heading to Minneapolis in June for my cousin Jamie’s wedding and Seattle in August to visit our friends Val and Brad and eat our way through the city. I love the entire process of traveling, even the flying and seriously thought about becoming a flight attendant at one point in my life. I am on a mission to travel as much as I can in my lifetime!
5. This weekend is shaping up to be another low key weekend and I’m looking forward to it. Tonight we have no plans for the first time in several Fridays and I could not be happier. I’m making my go-to Shrimp Scampi recipe and then I plan on falling into a carb coma on the couch. Tomorrow I hope to go to Body Pump (for real this time), stock up on groceries for Easter dinner and then tackle some of my Spring Cleaning goals. Sunday we are hosting Easter and I’m looking forward to having lots of leftovers!
What are your plans this weekend? Are you working today? What was one little thing that made your week?