With my 28th Birthday quickly approaching on Friday, I am in a reflective mood. My Birthdays always bring about this type of attitude and motivate me to think about what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year.
Last year for my Birthday, we traveled to Paris and I accomplished one of my lifelong goals, visiting Claude Monet’s garden. It was an unforgettable experience and one that I was proud to make happen. This was one of the high points of the year, including many others. However, my 27th year was also a year of learning life lessons, which I’ll be sharing later this week.
I’ve seen 30 before 30 lists all over the Blogesphere and I love them. As a goal oriented gal, having a list of things of things I want to accomplish in the next two years, in addition to the things I’ve learned in the past year, will make my last two years of my twenties extra memorable. So, here’s my list!
1. Finish remodeling our condo (after a long process, we have just the floors left! Plus little projects…)
2. Work to save up a downpayment for our house (started this month!)
3. Create a capsule wardrobe for every season (inspired by Un-Fancy)
4. Try a CSA for a Summer
5. Complete an Olympic triathlon
6. Get in the habit of getting regular manicures (a little thing that makes me feel so much more put together)
7. Go skating at least twice (first step, get my skates sharpened)
8. Get back in the habit of going to church
9. Get in the habit of waking up earlier so I’m not rushed every morning
10. Go on zero diets and keep eating intuitively
11. Try Stichfix
12. Go Camping
13. Stock a 9-Bottle Bar
14. Take a swim lesson
15. Take a Yoga workshop focused on handstands
16. Have 24 Date Nights
17. Have 24 Girl Dates
18. Go for afternoon tea with girlfriends
19. Invest in a nice, black leather bag for work
20. Do a Boudoir photo shoot
21. Visit two new cities (shortlist: NYC, Seattle, Austin, New Orleans, Charlotte)- I have been to Las Vegas, Cozumel, San Francisco, Seattle and Napa Valley since I made this goal. I would also really like to go to NYC for my 30th!
22. Go on a all inclusive, relaxing vacation
23. Organize my jewelry
24. Learn how to do my hair in more than just straight and down, curly and down, topknot and ponytail
25. Go to 12 Blogger Events
26. Volunteer at least two days- I volunteered at the JDRF walk in 2015.
27. Continue to send Birthday and Christmas cards to my friends and family
28. Give Live Half Full it’s second makeover
29. Read 48 books (hopefully 24 of these will be for Book Club!)-I have read 41 books as of 6/26/16
30. Become a Mom (godwilling)