For the past few weeks, I have been eating a REAL breakfast at home before getting ready for the day. Most of the time Rich joins me and it’s such a nice start to the day. Yes, I’m waking up about 30 minutes earlier, but the fifteen minutes to chat with Rich while I enjoy a real breakfast and some time to sip my coffee and read my favorite blogs is such a great way to start the day.
To make this possible, I’ve been prepping my breakfast for the week on Sunday for easy heat-and-eat meals during the week. These egg muffins were an experiment this past Sunday, but they turned out fabulously!
Kale, Sausage & Fontina Cheese Egg Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
You Will Need:
12 large eggs
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
1/2 pound ground pork breakfast sausage, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (or regular milk)
1/2 teaspoon each Salt & Pepper
1 large dash of hot sauce
1 jar of salsa of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk until the yolks are broken and eggs are scrambled.
3. Add in bell peppers, red onion, sausage, cheese, milk, salt & pepper and hot sauce.
4. Mix to combine.
5. Pour mixture into muffin pan to form 12 muffins. (I used a half cup and it worked perfectly)
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle of each muffin is set.
7. Store in fridge and heat for ~1 minute in the morning to enjoy a quick breakfast.
8. Top with salsa.