I said this last month, and I’ll say it again this month- this month FLEW BY! It really did though. The past three weeks have been an absolute blur of adjusting to a new routine, digesting new information and LOVING my new job. Making a change was scary but I’m so happy I did- I can tell this is going to be a really good thing.
In June I:
–Got a new job after looking patiently for three months!
–Enjoyed the last week of funemployment to the max
–Prepped for my new job
-Checked out Green Street Smoked Meats
-Returned to my crazy Sunday prep ways
–Had some epiphanies when it comes to fitness
-Started meditating while brushing my teeth
-Ran (and won) my first 5k as a male
-Celebrated Rich’s Birthday at Found Kitchen & Social Club
Here’s how my July Goals turned out:
1. Continue my workout groove by keeping a variety in my workouts and complete all of my long runs for the month.-My workout goals have shifted a bit due to starting my new job, so my focus is now fitting them in! This will continue in August.
2. Enjoy the rest of my funemployment and also get a few organization projects done I start a job-including organizing my closet, cleaning out our guest room and getting some food in the freezer for when things get busy again.-check!
2. Update my blog roll to be more current with the blogs I love!- check it out!
3. Send out four Birthday cards and do something special for Rich’s Birthday.- check!
4. Sit down and map out our plan to finish our condo and save for our house downpayment.-in progress.
5. Prepare to be a Bridesmaid in my friend Stephanie’s wedding (up the arm toning exercises, get my dress hemmed, etc)-check, except for packing tomorrow!
6. Read four more books, I really have been enjoying this downtime.-check!
7. Eat at home more. I’ve been grabbing breakfast and lunch while I’m out way too much.-checkish! 😉
8. Knock off a few more things on my Summer Bucket List!- done, here’s my progress!
Now for my goals for August:
1. Enjoy Stephanie’s Wedding!
2. Readjust our budget and set savings goals for the future.
3. Continue to understand my new role at work and take initiative to prove myself.
4. Have fun at Venus de Miles!
5. Adjust to our new cooking/housework schedule with my non-commute.
6. Focus on fitting in workouts that I enjoy and treat it as me time to decompress.
7. Strength train 8 times in August.
8. Go to yoga 4 times in August.
9. Celebrate my Birthday by seeing Wizard of Oz in Oz Park!
10. Find a night to go camping with Rich and Penny.
How did July go for you? What are you focusing on in August?