At the beginning of the month, I set 13 goals for 2013 for myself. A few days later, I used these goals to create SMART goals for the month of January. Here’s how things turned out.
1. Continue to improve Live Half Full.
- get to a certain number of page views this month-check! I got there and then some!
- finish my pages on my blog (still a work in progress)- check! except I still want to do an update to my “About” page.
- set the date for the CRB beer run- Yes! It’s 2/23 and I cannot wait!
I’ve been working really hard to write higher quality, more frequent posts and I think that’s paying off. I’m also trying to put myself out there more in the blogger community, Facebook and Twitter so that’s helping as well.
2. Complete my first sprint triathlon!
- make it to swim at least 8 times this month- I swam 4 times this month, once a week. Not too shabby.
- run at least 5 times this month- I ran twice this month. Not the best, but at least I did.
- lift at least 10 times this month- I lifted once this month. EEEK!
- spin class at least once this month to get back into it- I went to spin class twice!
- book our hotels for Grand Rapids- done and done!
I did a wide variety of workouts this month. I completed five yoga classes, four swim workouts, two runs, one Turbo Kick class, one Sculpt class, 1 Zumba class, two elliptical workouts and two spin classes. I worked out seventeen days this month which averages to 3.4 workouts per week. I’ll take it and improve on it next month!
3. Continue to make “me” time a priority.
- go to yoga at least 4 times this month- check! I completed five!
- have at least 3 girls’ nights this month- check! I had five!
I’ve did a better job of making myself a priority in January but in February the name of the game is relaxing.
4. Get closer to my goal weight.
- get back to my pre-holiday weight by getting back into my daily routine
I lost 7.3 pounds and 4.5 inches this month. I’m so thrilled!
5. Focus on eating clean 100% of the time.
- complete the 100 Days of Real Food 10 Day Pledge for the second time this month
Yes! I completed it for the second time. It was a good experience and this time it stuck. I’ve been trying my best to make clean eating my lifestyle. (with the occasional splurge of course)
6. Run four fun 5k’s with friends.
- sign up for a spring 5k by the end of the month
Fail. Oh well, soon.
7. Run a half marathon PR.
- working towards my fitness goals above will help me do this
I’m on my way to this goal and am on the hunt for a August-October half. Suggestions welcome!
8. Enjoy being a wife.
- use the Living Social for the Savoy we bought by the end of the month for a brunch date- fail
- book our Europe plane tickets for our first anniversary trip- almost there
- order prints from our wedding pictures by the end of the month- completed!
Bonus: I also created and ordered a Shutterfly wedding album and am SO PLEASED with it!
9. Maintain a regular beauty routine.
- use a full white strips pack by the end of the month- fail
- get a manicure at least once (ideally twice) by the end of the month- I got two!
Taking care of myself makes a huge difference in my attitude!
10. Work on improving our home.
- organize our front entry closet by the end of the month- fail
- get in touch with our contractor to set date for kitchen remodel start- in progress, we should start in the next two weeks!
Although we did not complete any huge projects this month, we made some big process in the daily chores. We’ve found our groove in who does what and I’ve made strides in our meal planning strategy. So those are good things!
11. Only compare myself to myself.
- write down ten things that are great about MY LIFE each week
Done and done and done and done!
12. Be self motivated at work.
- get in the habit of spending 15 minutes at the beginning, middle and end of each day to get organized and create an action plan for my day
Yes. I’ve also been getting to work 20-30 minutes early to gear up for the day. At the end of the day, I make myself finish up by 4:45 and organized things for the next day. This helps a lot.
13. Continue to make my faith a priority.
- go to church 4 times this month
Unfortunately, we only went twice this month. I definitely want to continue to work towards making it a weekly habit again.