Today, I decided to do a post of my “typical day.” I have to admit, I felt really boring documenting my day but I enjoy reading these type of posts so I did my own. A few weeks ago, Emily did a day in the life post and I loved it! So here went my Tuesday…
As always, thanks to Jenn for the link up!
4:55a.m., 5:00a.m., 5:01a.m.-Alarms.
5:05a.m.-Get out of bed, start coffee pot, put in contacts and put on my gym clothes. I don’t eat before the gym in the morning because my workouts are typically less than an hour. I do drink a big glass of water though before I leave.
5:15a.m.-Walk into kitchen to find coffee pot overflowed all over counter. F bombs are dropped. Rich wakes up and walks in the kitchen half asleep, baffled, in boxers, scratching his messy hair.
5:20a.m.-Leave for gym, annoyed without coffee.
5:30a.m.-Spin class, about 15 minutes in I feel much better, 30 minutes in we do a hill climb to a blues-y cover of “Roxanne.” Every time the name is said, we add resistance. It’s a killer but I’m too distracted trying to figure out who’s singing to care. After 45 minutes in I feel like Superwoman ready to take on my day.
6:15a.m.- Receive text from Rich that he mopped and cleaned up the coffee debacle. Love him.
6:20a.m.-6:50a.m.-Shower and get ready at the gym.
7:00a.m.-Starbucks! Bright spot in my morning is I have a gift card I got at work! (usually I bring my own breakfast and drink coffee from home)
7:10a.m.-8:20a.m.-Board the train, enjoy my Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte and Spinach Feta Wrap. Do a quick edit on my blog post and press publish. Read blogs, check email, enjoy some me time before my day begins.
8:30a.m.-Arrive at work. make some coffee. fill up my water and get to work!
I am an Account Executive at a television rep firm. This means I sell air (aka space on television). I negotiate between the television stations I represent and buyers at advertising agencies using Nielsen data. Several times per month I make sales calls to strengthen my relationships with my buyers. This is my favorite part of my job. However, 70% of a typical day is spent looking at Excel spreadsheets.
This just about sums it up.
12:45p.m.-Lunch. I would say depending on the day it’s a 40% chance I am at my desk eating, the other 60% I am either in my conference room eating with my coworkers or out to lunch with a buyer. For lunch I had some lasagna soup and a side caesar salad.
3:30p.m.-Snack. I usually I cut off caffeine at 3:00, but I was seriously dragging so I made myself a small cup. Usually I have my snack at 4:00, but I decided to eat my Larabar earlier to enjoy with my coffee. This flavor was new to me and it was delicious.
5:00p.m. ish-Leave work. board the train home. Usually, I sit on the quiet car so I can decompress. This ride home was special because I sat next to a man in his mid 50s blaring Ludacris while sleeping. Baffling and annoying. Luckily he gets off halfway through my trip and I can relax and sprawl out. It’s the little things people!
6:30p.m.-Arrive home. Unpack gym bag and repack for the next morning. Pack lunches. Warm up dinner. (so glad I figured out my meal prepping strategy!) For dinner, I have curry chicken and brown rice.
7:00p.m.-Eat dinner. Spend a few minutes with Rich before he goes to swim. Watch some TV. Write my draft of my WIAW blog post. Eat dessert: a cup of tea and a peanut butter chocolate chip muffin!
8:30p.m.-Get ready for bed. Read. (this is new to me lately, but it’s really helping me decompress)
9:30p.m. ish- Sleep!
So there you go. Admittedly, this was somewhat exhausting to write. I got a little bored, so I hope that you were able to make it through the post and aren’t bored to tears!